Do you find this soothing or stressful?
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (61)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Home Renovation: Do you do the painting yourself or get professionals?
Comments (11)We have always done diy but never again!!! Exactly true that it is one of the last things to be done in either a reno or new build & of course it does save money. You should be aware that you pretty much need to spend all those lovely savings on take away food/alcohol/sedatives (personal choice) to compensate for the loss of arm & leg function at the end of the endless days work. Neighbours may complain about loud music & swearing or nudie runs to the pool to refresh & start the process all over again. Deny the urge to diy if possible & pay someone but get referrals first!!! Tips to all who "do it yourself" 1. It starts with the preparation & the plasterer must be on his game...that's where a lot of the trouble starts & ends with a bad finish. 2. Buy everything in bulk from tape to brushes to rollers to trays etc. 3. You will always be back at the paint counter for just one more tin to either start again or finish up. 4. Stock up on fast food standbys like pies, sausage rolls, pastries, microwave dinners etc. or have the pizza guy on speed dial. 9. Don't ask the children to do any painting unless you have the patience of a saint & are prepared to go over everything they do "to help" or "feel included" 10. On that subject if you have small children do not even think about diy. 11. Book & pay for a holiday in advance while you still have money to recuperate from what is essentially the worst job ever with even more precious time to spend reinstating furniture, curtains, long lost essential items of comfort & most of all sanity. 12. Say sorry to everyone you ever knew & you didn't know what you were thinking at the time, have excuses at hand like......................................................................................... I/We saved soooo much money!...They said it would be easy...Everyone does there own painting don't they...I thought this colour was more red/yellow/green/blue like the sample pot...I rather like the spatter effect & I think it will be a new trend...Surely you know that "Marsala" is the Pantone 2015 colour orf the year?...Don't buy any paint, I have plenty of left overs and a complete range of sample pots...here they're all yours! ;))))))...See MoreWhat do you do with your pets over the holidays?
Comments (25)yes Wuff it was extremely upsetting. I used to go to my car after every visit & cry & cry! My little guy is the apple of my eye & just the most fun lovable thing that even people who don't like dogs warm to. He's so used to being with people & having people fuss over him.Not the girls at quarantine though! You could see in his eyes he couldn't understand what he'd done wrong to be locked up & shunned & he used to howl & cry whenenver I got up to leave. The last week he was there he stopped eating. My 2 cats were rescues. My Maine Coon, Mr Bubba Coon was dumped at San Diego County Animal Shelter because he was the runt of the litter & deemed to be not big enough to be saleable. It was the height of the GFC. I brought him back to Sydney with me. My other guy, Spooky Cat is black & he & his sister were dumped at a vet in Five Dock here in Sydney aged 4 weeks. He stayed locked up in a cage at the shelter until he was 16 weeks old as black cats & tortys are the hardest cats to find a home for. When i took him home he just sat on the couch for a week because the concept of being free to walk about wherever he wanted was so foreign to him. He is the sweetest, loveliest little guy with beautiful yellow green eyes....See MoreWhat do you think of our dream-home plans?
Comments (57)Hey Nik Star, I've had a PowerPoint play with oklouise's edits. This is what I meant about garage entry to the pantry and a laundry in the garage. The red arrows are to stipulate to the builder that level access is required. I added extra garage depth to allow for the garage, that would definitely impact your facade elevation. If you remove the wall between the butler's pantry and mudroom you would have a SUPER PANTRY! But a true butler's pantry in that it was supposed to be where you would land with the veg from the garden so you would kick your shoes off inside the door, so I've noted a little bench seat there, then head in and wash it before heading over to the actual cooking area. Then if you get rid of the sliders and reduce the storage to shallow shelving on the middle wall you would have plenty of space to manoeuvre with mobility devices. For the washing labour machines - washer, dryer, dishy - try getting those mounted on plinths so the load on your poor back is reduced. I have dodgy joints so I am researching all the ergonomic ways to design work spaces to help me when I get to the awesome stage you guys are at with getting to build!...See MoreWho has a black kitchen – do you love it or regret it?
Comments (58)Go with your gut Tracy..... it is a big investment but I have found that if it makes you smile every time you walk into your kitchen you'll never regret it!!!! I've recently moved into a smaller downsized home with my 3rd black kitchen, with drawers, no cupboards, except for the pantry which we use as the crockery and wine glasses stash. Mine is matt but no handles = no hip bangers! I chose to use snow white stone bench tops, the walls are painted natural white while the floors are pale oak hybrid vinyl....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago

Sponsored





Kerrie Langloy7