Styling my sister's hallway!
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (32)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Ideas needed for my entry hallway
Comments (3)How wide is your entrance way? Mine is 122cm and I have a 40 cm wide console table that works. An indoor plant or some sculpture each side of the table reduces the starkness of it too. Otherwise some floating shelves is good to decorate - just be warned, people (especially husbands) do have a habit of throwing keys, mail, newspapers, etc. in this area. I would not consider the darker wall, while it looks great and makes a fabulous impact statement, your bright and cheerful entry is far more liveable on a daily basis. Art to me is the best answer, search 'arranging wall art' on Houzz and you will get hundreds of ideas. You can use paintings or photos, just choose your theme and colour choice. Black and white can look stunning too and as you will see from Houzz photos an eclectic mix works as well. One idea I picked up was painting the frames in a solid colour - I project I hope to work on this year. [houzz=] [houzz=] [houzz=] I love the layout of your home too....See MoreHelp please! Parquetry in my hallway OR solid timber planks??
Comments (29)Thanks Siriuskey for your fotos.... beautiful Parquetry floors, beautiful home and stunning water views! I notice your parquetry floor transitions to grey tiles as well.... which is also very similar to what i will have happening. Im now very much leaning towards parquetry you'll be pleased to know. I collected some samples today, and noticed the store had them in a double formation which i'd never seen layed like that before. Its just 1 block of parquetry layed right next to another to make it seem thicker. I think it looks quite contemporary....check out the pic below from the timber showroom:(top half shows 2 blocks layed together in herringbone pattern) I placed a few of these on my floor as example No1, then i placed some in single herringbone as example No2 below. Which do you think looks better? - examples No1 double block herringbone - example No2 single block herringbone Thanks in advance for everyones input and feedback :-)...See MoreCould anyone help me enliven my hallway/ stairs.
Comments (16)Thanks everyone for some terrific ideas. Could I ask annb1997 if you meant painting the stairs a dark colour or the walls? The stairs are timber but they are not a particularly nice colour, that is why I thought Jap blacking them would look dramatic and contrast with the main white wall. I agree that the other walls need repainting or perhaps a dramatic wall paper but with so much to choose from its all overwhelming....See MoreDecorating ideas needed for my front hall
Comments (12)Hi cjones2011 I would place a console on the right hand wall and remmove the planter box from the corner. Position a table lamp on the console if you have a powerpoint, or get creative with an led candle in a lantern base, add 1-2 special styling elements on the console like a vases. Some storage can be obtained with the choice of console with drawers but avoid any clutter. A mirror or artwork on the wall above the console and a floor rug to soften the tiles would complete the area. PS wallpaper on the wall will give this area some extra wow. Best wishes. A couple of examples of entrance arrangements below...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago















KK1000