Kitchen cupboard ideas needed
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (61)
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Need Help creating a new kitchen, ideas?
Comments (38)Samantha B I just completed my kitchen Reno in Perth. My pantry was also bricked up like yours. Literally doubled the space by getting rid of it but we found out after that the pantry was structural & we had to put an extra support beam in the roof instead ($800) so be careful of that! We completely moved the plumbing, gas & electrics & it only cost a few hundred! So don't be afraid to do that as long as u know decent priced tradies! We ended up doing nearly everything ourselves & went with a masters flat packed kitchen & sourced our own stone benchtops dirt cheap ($2500 installed for a 2m bench & a 1.5m island each with one waterfall edge.). Heres before & after pics....See MoreNeed Help with my Kitchen Cupboards
Comments (14)Thanks Fiona. I just wish people would realise you don't need to spend much to make things look good. Everything in my house is either a Garage sale or Vinnies find. I then do it up. I have done so all my life, as I grew up in a poor family with 8 siblings. I must say it erks my hubby but he's gotten use to it. People do walk in my home and always give me great feedbacks and compliments. I have just finished this room below. All this is in SAME room. I just want to show how you can make things look good without expense. The Chaise lounge cost me $80! I did have to add more foam which I collected from someone throwing couch on side if the rd, to the seating & fix the leg. The Floor rug $70 from the Reject shop. The Dresser I painted white was $350. It looks amazing. The wall behind this dresser, I painted with Dulux Pearl STRIPES, it's a suttle feature, but looks amazing. The chandelier $25, I sprayed it Latte and stuck candles on it as I have led lights in ceiling. The long book cupboard was stained brown & again I painted and the chairs on either side cost $25ea and I had the cushions recovered for $40ea. My favourite is the Leather Chair. I did have it covered prof., That did cost a penny, but it was worth it. Believe me I hate spending large amounts, when you can get a better solid piece than the crap that's around. You can see in the background my Dining setting with 8 chairs. That was $350. I just sanded the top of the table and clear varnished it! I can go on & on. As I have so many things I have brought to life. But just want to make it clear to all out there, that you can achieve your décor without spending heaps. Oh I must add, my Brown Italian Leather sofa ABOVE I purchased from ebay including a lge poof, again $350.The white coffee table above was also Brown stained. I purchased for $40. I striped it. Painted bottom white, then just left a clear stain on top as once I sanded it, I found the wood was so beautiful, that I couldn't paint it. The 2 single sofas above, were purchased from Vinnies for $65ea. I didn't have to do anything to them. This is not everyone's taste, but you can buy to suit your own décor. I would love to write a book on everything I have ever changed, just to prove it can be done. So people on a tight budget.......... You can achieve it. Hope this inspires a lot of you guys. cheers...See MoreNeed advice/opinions on height of kitchen cupboards to bulkhead ratio
Comments (11)Thanks for your help guys. The builder contacted us today during the installation of the ducted A/C and advised us that we have to drop the ceiling 200m to accomodate the ducts (unless we want a huge bulkhead across the kitchen/living area. SO the gorgeous high ceiling is (unfortunately) no longer an issue. It is really frustrating that they only just figured this out! :-/...See MoreIdeas needed for my narrow laundry cupboard
Comments (9)I had a similar situation and we did open shelves. Client was very happy because it provided quick and easy access to laundry type items such as washing powder and spray cans that you may want quickly when in the middle of prep and or loading the washing machine. To her it was a laundry not a show home and therefore didn't need to be covered by a door or flap. I do like the idea above of pull out racks though....See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago












MvdR Design