Sealing our Burnished Concrete slab
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Concrete/ concrete look interior feature wall
Comments (15)We are the Suppliers of QuantumSix+ 6mm & 12mm porcelain...perfect for wall cladding. We have 4 industrial inspired colours that would suit your project. QuantumSix+ is heat, scratch, stain & mould resistant. Sustainable. Made in Italy. Massive sheets measuring 3200x1600mm for a seamless look or can easier be cut to size. This is Costa Concreto on the splashback & benchtop This is Nuovo Concreto on the splashback This is La Roche Blanc on the walls This Grigio Concreto on the outdoor fireplace Please visit www.quantumsix.com.au to discover more colours and view the gallery OR contact our Melbourne office for more info (03) 9585 4706 Goodluck with your project!...See MoreDo I go terrazo slab/polished concrete or tiles?
Comments (8)The cracks are in our walls though I note our old tiles in our bathroom floor have lifted slightly so I suspect cracking may be an issue for us?? But I will explore the polished concrete/terrazzo option if you think it can be overcome as this is certainly our preference. We moved into our home recently and have basically lived downstairs so have not used the bathroom upstairs at all. A guest showered in it one time and it leaked through to our bedroom ceiling!! So we suspect there is an issue with the waterproofing and there are cracked tiles however we won't really know what the issue is until we pull it all out to see what is happening under the tiles. Thanks for your comments Ann I've appreciated your insights - good to talk with someone who has actually lived with these floorings rather than just going on what you read or are told by a salesperson....See MoreHelp with concrete flooring to tiled bathroom
Comments (10)I would recommend going a darker colour too! We have done it several times with clients who (like yourself) can't see what the finished concrete aggregate will look like until afterwards and the darker the better we have found. Like Zaffa said, it would be amazing if you could extend the concrete into the bathroom, as that can be absolutely beautiful and this aggregate look is a fantastic addition to a bathroom. However if you want to break it up I would go for a dark charcoal (large format) tile so you don't risk clashing colours. Darker bathrooms are really stylish so you don't risk sacrificing on style. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help selecting specific tiles as we know how overwhelming it can be and are happy to help. Best of Luck, Jordan from JFI Studios!...See MoreFlooring Dilemma concrete or not to concrete?
Comments (15)Would never use epoxy highly toxic stuff you would be breathing in for years. I looked pretty Heavily into PCM it gives its heat off in a 6 hour cycle at least the product available here do. Whereas concrete is 8-10 hours which is closer what you need to even out the day / night cycle. Thanks for the heads Macyjean up about lead in recycled bricks I will look into it! I think there is low VOC sealers for Slate. I am struggling to find a good local supplier of slate. I love the idea of the faded rugs I think that would work well. I am going to look into the colour options Thanks so much everyone...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 3 years ago



Carly TweedieOriginal Author