Houzz Logo Print
denise_harvey10

pro to pro - advice please

Donna Jeffries
5 years ago
Hi there... To all the other professionals out there I'm wondering if you have come across a situation like this before. We are a design-build company and had a client come to us interested in a bathroom remodel. We put in many hours designing a spa like bathroom out of 2 bathrooms. We did three different layouts for the homeowner. It seemed that after she got everything she wanted from a design perspective she said she wasn't sure if she wanted to go through with it and cancelled. Next thing you know I see all of my design ideas and layout posted on another contractors Facebook. The features and layout were uniquely unmistakable. It really bothers me. But I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to prevent clients from taking all of your time and work and running with it somewhere else. Does anybody have any way they structure their dealings with a client to prevent this from happening? Do you charge up front for design to prevent all of that free work and if so how much? Just curious how others handle this type of rip off. Thank you

Comments (22)

Sponsored