Filling an awkward space in front lounge room - HELP!
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
L-shaped lounge room/dining room - help please!
Comments (5)You could flip the living 90 degrees to the left, making the tv along that longest wall but aligned more left obviously. Depending on how much you wanted to spend, you could invest in joinery which incorporates the tv and books, which then also adds massive amounts of storage. Could be too long of a space for this set up, but stretched out a little with a nice rug it could work well :) please show us pics when you decide!...See MoreAwkward living room - need help!
Comments (13)Thanks for the suggestions. I can't hang or mount the tv as I'm renting. The tv won't fit in those wall gaps either :( Ideally I'd like to put the tv on the main wall and put the sofa opposite but I think the sofa would be too close to the tv and there would be only a very narrow walkway behind to access the bedroom and bathroom. It's tough! I think having the tv in front of the window may be my best option. Not much direct light gets in due to the fence and trees outside the courtyard. There are also blinds which block out the light. Here are some ideas I'm going off at the moment: https://www.houzz.co.uk/photos/south-florida-family-estate-modern-family-and-games-room-miami-phvw-vp~2830052 https://www.houzz.com.au/photos/urban-family-getaway-contemporary-family-room-dc-metro-phvw-vp~3206796...See MoreFurniture layout awkward lounge
Comments (17)Two of these, stressless chairs, one either side of the bay window they are totally comfortable, not cheap, friends have them for reading and tv watching, in that position, they usually only watch tv at night, and love to read in natural light. They would certainly go with you to the next house and will fit in anywhere. Put the tv opposite, with the ottoman off centre. Small retro table in between chairs. Move the big pictures currently on the tv wall to either side of the fireplace. Heaps of carpet lying space. Rug once you have finalised the furniture locations and colours nip out and get a thin silk/wool oriental kilim Easy to take with you....See Moreawkward living area - lounge layout
Comments (20)Sorry but I am confused by the purpose and function of this entire space. Form follows function.... But I am not seeing the function being clear so that is causing the problem with the design. Your layout and comments imply that: someone is playing piano, someone is watching movie in theatre room, someone is playing with toys, someone is watching huge TV in living area, someone is cooking.... All at the same time. If so, then these needs will dictate the design... Or whatever your specific needs are. I would start by defining function priorities (storage, view, access, etc) and then work from there ~ prioritise these functions and estimate boundaries/size to define zones that are needed. Have another plan of things that cannot be changed easily - windows, kitchen, powerpoints - with dimensions from reference point. Ask questions like: how often will we/I use this _ do we really need separate piano room_ do we need to use French doors daily _ do I want to walk past new lounge suite carrying food _why would iI use both theatre room and living room at same time _ do I need all these windows or can I fill in one to get more function in the space _ Good luck as you will have to balance needs and wants!...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago


















siriuskey