Houzz Logo Print
webuser_188456502

Quarantine weekend

Audrey1967!
4 years ago

I was just wondering whether there will be more posts and answers to posts this weekend, given we are all meant to be staying indoors unless absolutely necessary to venture about? Keep safe everyone. A big time for Australians to see how we can work together and help the most vulnerable.

Comments (17)

• oklouise
    4 years ago

thanks Audrey, we all need to stay safe and well so wonder what everyone is planning to do at home?... today i've been cooking soup to stock the freezer to share with my family

• siriuskey
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Audrey I'am also thinking of everyone during what will be a very difficult time, stay safe and healthy at home as much as possible. I'am busy cleaning out our musty WIR and eliminating a mouse, I am now not sure how I will manage to fit everything back into what is quite a small space even after getting rid of stuff. I am also updating our lovely sun filled laundry with a new timber benchtop to build the washing machine, dryer and dirty laundry cupboard under it. There's a new drop in stainless 600 x 450 sink, taps are all on the wall so that makes it easy. On top of this I now have a new retractable clothes line which extends across and above the new benchtop, it's already been a wonderful addition with all the extra washing that needed to be done. The WIR will also feature new matching coat hangers bought from the cheap shop $16 for 50, I also discovered that Bunnings have a similar Black $3.30 for 10. This should give the WIR a totally new look, I hope so as I'am exhausted. I wonder what my next time filling project will be, there's always something that needs doing. Okl your soup sounds a perfect addition to the freezer what with winter coming. Stay well.

• Kate
    4 years ago

I’ve finally got my new study finished and set up last week, so planning to enjoy doing my taxes. Gosh that’s sad. Also got an art desk in their so time I got
    Back to some creativity, I just need an idea to paint, I’m still a copyist I’m afraid, very much a beginner. Hopefully we can finish the hallway work off, putting a end to the 3 year project and putting away all the things clogging up other rooms.

• PRO
    Lauren Shiels Interior Design
    4 years ago

I offer e-design services to NZ and Australia, so if anyone is interested in planning their renovation/build, what a great time to get started! www.laurenshiels.com, business aside, be safe and think healthy thoughts everyone! xx

• PRO
    3DA Design Drafting and 3D Visuals
    4 years ago

Lauren, nice website ! Are you based in NZ?

We are not in lockdown yet, but with less client meeting now, gives me more time to actually finish the deadlines rather than running around. But all this is very stressful as we just going day by day now, nothing clear on the horizon.

• PRO
    4 years ago

Thank you, yes based in NZ.
    It is a scary time for a lot of people, worse than fear for some :( but I think it’s important to stay positive and use the time in useful and uplifting ways. Getting in top of your deadlines is great! I hope you get the leads coming in 🙏

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

Hi Kate, what's a copyist, you sound very creative apart from doing tax!, One I way I finding getting through this very difficult time is to keep busy so asking my husband and son to help do the things that have been hanging over my head for a few years will help all three of us, they now don't even have the excuse of watching football, sadly. Doing an online course is also a great way to use this time.

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

Self Isolation and going into lock down isn't easy, Jen I'am hoping that you are among those that are able to work from home and still have a job.

It's important to keep busy while you are confined to your home, a hobby, an online course, gardening or working on the house. It doesn't have to cost a lot, Bunnings used to sell wrongly mixed paint for a few dollars, it's amazing how a freshly painted wall can give pleasure even in difficult times. And if you are like me I tend to have stuff waiting to be done' that will help keep us busy, gardening is great therapy, good for the body and soul watching small plants grow into beautiful plants

You can do so much reading and watching TV, so get your hands dirty and work on your home while you are restricted and don't feel any guilt for purchasing any small additions like some pretty tiles, I recommend some Tai Chi,

• mummagabz
    4 years ago

Unfortunately or fortunately I’m a registered nurse, so no lock down/self isolation for me. We are very close to commencing our build and we have many decisions to make, less likely that they can be done in the current climate. To top things off last month, our house we were living in, was deemed uninhabitable following my car catching fire in the garage, causing major damage to the house, so now we are living in a small rental, waiting till our new home can built, unfortunately i think there will be many delays to our build, and we may just end up staying here for much longer than expected.

So any excitement we may have had making decisions for our new house has vanished, instead i will be working hard to make sure my patients are OK (I will be working with Covid paediatric patients), and making sure my family and friends are OK.

I may end up planning all my colour selections on line, but as long as everyone is healthy, that’s all one can ask for today. Take care everyone, wash your hands and stay healthy.

• Kate
    4 years ago

Mummagabz I hope everything in your life goes smoothly. And i hope you , your family and all our children stay well. A virtual hug to everyone

• PRO
    4 years ago

Mummagabz health workers are the hero’s of the day! Thank you for working so hard, which country are you in?
    Take some time (if you haven’t already) to really dream about your new home and how you want it to make you feel. The extra planning might pay off more than you know.
    Take care xx

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

Mummagabz try to take time to look after your mental and Physical self. and keep planning your beautiful new house remembering that any decisions and purchases will help small business survive this very difficult unknown time. Keeping a positive out look is so important for our health

• PRO
    Dion Seminara Architecture
    4 years ago

Yes even though the reason we need to stay in is not great, it is a great time for people to fully understand if their homes really do work and can Australian can wok helping others. take care

• Creativelychallenged
    4 years ago

Jen, I have felt the same guilt with how we get wrapped up with superficial things such as the colour and pattern of tiles etc. (I also keep thinking that what we are experiencing now, is just a fraction of what some in the world experience every day of their lives). Whilst this is a sad and scary time for many...and we can't visit some of our family and friends who are elderly/have had cancer treatment which is also concerning for them ..etc, there is also a part of me that likes the fact those of us in a first world country, have been forced to slow down, to appreciate the simpler things such as song and dance, nature, to think of helping (loving) thy neighbour more, and to appreciate more what we have taken for granted in the past. I think it is sweet also that on online work conference calls, people are showing their kids and pets to their work colleagues. In some way, this crisis has brought us closer together and to stop and check in on how others are doing more - largely because we have more time to do so now...... sometimes "to be still" for a period of time is what brings out more of the best of us humans and how we show care to others. I have also seen people exercising more.....it is almost like in a way, this time has made us strip life back more to the basics....to the things that count.....healthy mind, healthy body, healthy soul, healthy community.

• mummagabz
    4 years ago

@Lauren Shiels Interior Design thank you, I’m in Sydney. We went for a drive to our land today as we haven’t been there since we settled, it was nice to put it in perspective and realise why we are excited to do this. Don’t worry we have 1.5 acres, so we were able to walk the block without being on contact with anyone.

I suppose any free time I have can be spent browsing the pages of Houzz and Pinterest.

maybe order samples online etc.

Stay safe everyone.

• PRO
    4 years ago

Yes and a floor plan first 👌 enjoy! :)