Help me spruce up my bland bedroom, on the cheap!
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (58)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Need help with my French-style bedroom
Comments (526)I like the sound of a mini-reunion. Especially if it involves desert!. Hello everyone : ) nwduck, you are just beginning your season, while here today is the grand final of Aussie Rules Football. Though I'm not a fan, it seems the whole country has come to a grinding halt today. haha The big excitement of today's game, is that an 'underdog' team is playing. They haven't got into the finals in about eighteen years or something. :)...See MoreBedroom makeover help needed
Comments (98)What a great big room. The ideas are endless. Not sure if you live in Melb but I would get professional help. Honestly it doesn't cost a lot and you have peace of mind. For the painting go to any paint store, even Bunnings. They have the ph nos for a paint colour consultant. (I went with Dulux) but most Paint companies now have colour consultants to come out for a fee. The consultant comes out for a fee approx.($150) but that was for a few rooms. Then if you buy their paint, the price of the consultation is deducted off the paint you purchase. So really the consultation is free, if you choose their paint. Freedom decorator consultant works the same way. Can't remember how much (no more than $200) and she gave me great ideas. If you buy anything from them, again it's deducted off your purchase. There is no commitment with either paint company of Freedom to purchase from them. The advantage is, you can have the amount spent deducted from purchase. Honestly it cost saving and you get professional advise. Win Win situation. We've built 3 times and painted the house myself, and I have been so glad I did the above, with both paint and furnishings.. Plus I do up my own furniture, (most bought at garage sales) so I only purchased what I really wanted from Freedom, the rest 99%, I got from op shops and did up myself. But the ideas are helpful. Honestly, you need to know what decore you want in your room? So they will work around that. If your unsure, they will look at the rest of the house and work with your ideas. I like French provin. So I worked around that, Just to give you ideas you don't have to spend a fortune. My bedroom is also huge. Haven't took photos all-round. I redid all the furniture in both rooms. The above cabinet was brown stain which I painted white. GOODLUCK...See MoreHelp me refresh my rental!
Comments (14)Hi Renee, I like the space and your furniture. Grey monochromes are very soothing, but need some colour for contrast. Some greenery would provide the life to make it all work. Your main problem is access, and the way the furniture is arranged it makes a small space even smaller by creating a skinny passage to the balcony, basically dead space. Here is my suggestion for a more open furniture arrangement. This provides room for a round dining table without eliminating the buffet. I would suggest a round glass coffee table so your beautiful rug remains the defining point of the lounge area. I would keep the TV on the low unit so it won't block too much of the light. That is also a better viewing height when sitting down. A big leaf pot plant alongside would complete that end and tie it all together. You might think about getting rid of the 3 silver sculptures (hear no evil, see no evil...). Purely decorative objects can easily make a small space seem cluttered, and they steal useful unloading surfaces....See MoreHelp! How should we style a bedroom for a house sale?
Comments (17)I agree with turning the bed parallel with the window. Bedside ‘tables’ can be a repurposed stool, and or a chair borrowed from another room. White bed linen in Queen size is ideal for a single bed giving it a luxe look and can be used after you sell. (A Queen doona with white cover will luxuriate the bed more) A painting above the bed with a throw at the foot in a colour taken from the painting, will complete the look. All the best with your sale!...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago

Sponsored
More Discussions






Vanessa Jane