What window frame colour should I pick?
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (64)
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
What color window frames for our contemporary country home?
Comments (11)@Rachael It's a dilemma, isn't it?! Our house in the bush has ended up with anodised window frames and galvanised iron cladding (i.e. silver that will dull to grey) with a Monument roof. The view is huge and I think the black window frames - while I love them would have looked too urban and have framed the view too much, if that's possible. The view is so big we wanted to look 'through' the windows and their frames. Also, as I said above, dusty exterior window ledges would have driven us nuts. However, if I were in an urban setting, I would have gone for black windows and the dark roof if my views were more intimate. Good luck with the decision making ......See MoreWhat Colour Should I Paint my Exterior Bricks?
Comments (37)Unless you have the money to update everything else to better complement the bricks, painting them will give you a much more updated look. Over the past 18mths I’ve been working on the front and landscape of my current house, including painting the bricks and it has made the world of difference! I’ve attached a before and after photo! Good luck....See MoreWhat colours should I paint my windows etc on my red brick 1951 house?
Comments (1)I love your bricks too. In fact I would repaint trim colours the same as they are....See MoreADVICE NEEDED - What color should I paint the door??
Comments (17)Can you post any more photos including the staircase, and how the room next to the staircase is accessed interesting extension not following in the traditional manner of the house, Always follow KISS, keep it simple S for the best result. You could add a traditional front door in black but I don't think it necessary as from what I can see in the photo is the entrance and door already have a lot of character. The lovely Picket will look less fussy if done in one colour quoting Taking the new build/old build divide quite literally, the existing cottage has been redefined as a crisp white entity. In a street of Heritage vernacular, where every architectural shift is picked out in a nuanced tone, this is a drastic departure in itself. Add to this the decision to present the new addition in solid black, and the radical nature of the build becomes apparent (Dulux low sheen black and Lexington white). http://www.wrightsonstewart.com.au/wilston-project...See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago





















julie herbert