Which shades make you pale?
12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (93)
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
Related Discussions
Which do you prefer? The Pink or the Yellow?
Comments (13)@ Amanda Cullity....I love all the different 'likes and dislikes' on the Houzz forums....quite surprising the different things that appeal to people. On revisiting this discussion I've changed my mind...and now I don't like either, how about that for weird!? Honestly, if this were my place and I had to make this decision Yellow or Pink today, a good few months down the track from when I voted PINK... I would not know what to choose between these two options. Did you paint the roof with the yellow in it as well? Maybe the photos don't do the house justice. At this point, your having painted the house YELLOW to "tone down all the pink"....I feel its still too much of the one colour. Maybe, contraty to what Rene says, keep the blue pots and put a few more of these around but in a paler colour blue, and maybe a couple of blue accents on the house itself. It has a very distinctive style so you'd need to be careful, it would be so easy to lose its character with the incorrect chouce of accent colour. The YELLOW seems also very warm so maybe try much lighter hues of blue violet pots and for a cool accent on the facade itself. To me it looks like too much of a big block of solid colour....wonder what a couple of blue violet trellises would do if they were placed against the house in the spaces between the windows with the window frames in the same hue? Might break up the "blocK look. I'm no architect but have a lot of experience with colour. This is a diffifcult one expecially going on photos only.. The suggested " trellises" would be just an experiement and if liked could be made into something more permanent. Have you see some of that decorative laser cut-out panelling in metal" Something like that might soften the "block" look. As this is an old trhead, I suppose, Amanda, that you've made some changes of your own. Would you share with us?...See MoreWhich tree species do you love most - and why?
Comments (29)Whatever you do never plant a gum! They have no place in suburban areas! The sooner the council realises that these trees kill people the better! We have had two gum trees fall on the back of our house now, one in 2012 and one in 2014. We are so lucky that myself, my husband, three children, three dogs, five Guinea pigs, two parrots and one bearded dragon were not injured. It's just a miracle not once but twice! I still don't know how we escaped unharmed. The gums do not have a stable root system and they grow very shallow, they get to the point where they just fall over. And the scary thing is they fall silently. They are not called 'Widow Makers' in the bush for no reason. I like the Tuckeroo tree, not sure of scientific name. They grow with a straight trunk and keep their foliage in a straight and symmetrical line along the bottom and grow hiding their branches. Essentially they look like a large mushroom. They are green all year too. I think they get to about 6 metre or ten if they have to reach for the sun....See MoreWhich white do you like better?!
Comments (75)Hi there, having recently been through a similar decision process for our Reno I can really recommend ordering the Dulux A4 samples. They are made with the real paint on them so you can move them around from room to room to see exactly what it will look like without having a heap of swatches painted on the wall. They have a sticker backing but I used blu-tac so 8 could move them over and over. Good luck...See More70’s pale yellow brick colour scheme advice!!!!
Comments (9)Nerida, I would probably use Dulux Vivid White, which is better than Dulux Whisper White for trim as it is a purer white. Woodland Grey will work with gutters and downpipes, although with the yellow tones of the brickwork I would get samples of other colours in the blue/grey range which will counterbalance the yellows. Colorbond Deep Ocean and Colorbond Ironstone could be options. The underside of your verandah looks like it may have been stained timber at one stage, but has been painted brown and concealed any grain? I can't quite make it out from the photo? If this is the case then consider a fresh paint colour such as a quarter strength of your gutter and downpipe colour. There is no rule saying that all eaves have to be white. You can't lime wash over paint that conceals the timber grain. I will be in Adelaide mid-October if you want to set up a Dr Retro House Call colour consultation for your home. Best of luck, Dr Retro of Dr Retro House Calls...See More- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago








studio10001