Help! What Do I Buy My Mum?
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (10)
Related Discussions
What colour do I paint my roof eaves?
Comments (1)How about a light grey. I dont think anything dark would be attractive....See MoreWhat should I do with my mismatched bathroom tapware and door handles?
Comments (9)Personally I would always go for a consistent style throughout the house if at all possible. Expensive if you have to make a lot of changes to achieve it. I guess it comes down to how much it bothers you....See MoreHelp, do I need a sink in my butler's pantry?
Comments (45)Note - This is what I think of the concept in general. It's not a criticism again the OP - I think Butler's pantries are better idea's in concept than practice. I've not understood the rationale for a kitchen thats separate to your kitchen, unless of course you are prepping all your meals in there in which case what is the kitchen for? I think it's a sign of the times that we have more space and more money than we know what to do with when we start installing two kitchens in the same space. Of course I understand the rationale for a pantry. A place to store food items that may not be used frequently and the same for appliances. In the days when food was only available in season and the only way to preserve certain foods was to pickle and bottle it then a large space to store those supplies was necessary. We live in the modern age now where any food can be gotten easily and cheaply all year round. So these spaces are housing mostly appliances that we rarely use. And if we rarely use them you have to ask yourself why you are holding onto them?...See MoreWhat do I do with my apartment entrance hall
Comments (19)The powder room looks great -- the subways are almost always nice ( and are here ) , the wallpaper is subtle but nice and also adds interest , the floor is darker so it isn't all the same , and the timber just sets it off . Contrast that with the entrance , and it is an off-white nothing , for want a better expression . With a nothing greyish toned carpet to really reinforce the unloved or unthoughtabout nature , and at least you are thinking about it . As bigreader says -- go and get a brighter coloured abstract print or painting , prop it against a wall , and see how different it makes the place feel . Pick the dominant colour in the print , and buy a rug in a similar tone , whether its red or blue or yellow or green . Sure , change the flooring if you want or if its worn , or just add the rug . A rug is easier and cheaper hahaha . But the biggest sin IMO -- the front door ! It might just be because its all white and off-white , but not only is the round handle boring , it actually looks to be visually in the wrong place to me -- it mightn't be , but thats what it looks like in the pic . Anyway , are you allowed to change the door ? A wooden one , one with a tall slim opaque window up one side or 4 small horizontal windows or anything but the flat plain white door IMO . Two people have mentioned flat black paint for the front door -- personally , I wouldn't . I'd be more likely to go for a 1950's mint smint green or apricot or even a mauve in preference to a black -- plus 1950's California tones sort of references the round topped doors too . Add the art and rug , and you are $2k or less all up , and have a theme going ....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago




LouieT