Red Roof Colour Challenge
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (31)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Red brick, red roof
Comments (13)I think your concerns are valid. Too much red. The roof does not look original to me, it looks painted already. If it is in good condition (pointing is all good, no broken tiles, no leaks)- it would be a straight pressure wash to clean, then a repaint. Perhaps get a couple prices? Late 70's, early 80's- this roof could of originally been brown, charcoal, green or even blue! I'm personally not a fan of 'adding' maintenance, so would avoid rendering, bagging or painting any of the brick (house or fence). If you have the budget, change the windows. You won't regret it- it will improve aesthetic, functionality and your electricity bills. There is little to any price difference between timber and commercial aluminium. Both would allow for a thicker, more defined frame, vs what you currently have. As for colours- by losing the commitment to all the red- will open up lots of options. Just depends on the look you want to achieve. PS- can't believe an air con installer would put those units there!!...when they could of gone around the corners, with conduit coloured appropriately and along the top of the fascia- you'd barely see them!...so dodgey!...See MoreManor Red roof ..... House colour help
Comments (6)I think some grey tones or charcoal would be a good contrast to your roof. And the garage door would look stunning in a reddish timber, such as jarrah or spotted gum. I did a quick search of house photos which have some red as an indication of how grey and charcoal contrast quite well. I'm having issue with photos loading so perhaps you can have a look....See MoreAm I on the right track: Paint colurs to match red roof??
Comments (12)Thanks annb1997 and Bernadette Staal. Bernadette, I do like the red roof; it is the creamy yellow walls and dark green trim that I'm not a fan of... But good point though, my husband actually suggested the same thing on the weekend! :) Annb, I just thought if I incorporated some red into the trim work it would tie the whole colour scheme together. Door is currently same as wall colour, so painting it the red sounds like a good idea. And I do like the idea of fewer colours, then it wouldn't look so busy.... Currently leaning towards the soft sage green, just need to find the right shade now....See MoreColour combination challenge!
Comments (3)I am going to disagree with siriuskey in that you can't use a laminex as a spashback when it is adjacent to a cooktop due to potential damage from the heat. The joint where it meets the benchtop can also be problemmatic where the vertical laminex meets the horizontal laminex. It can be coved, but if the benchtops have already been ordered it will be too late for this. However siriuskey is right about keeping it simple. I would suggest a tiled splashback that either matches the colour of the Pumice laminex cupboards, or works with the Laminex benchtop, so you are not introducing a new colour and it is fairly neutral. Have a look at Johnson Tiles Spectrum Range for a tile called "Linen" as a starting point, and compare it with your real life samples (not just digital images). The Pumice colour doesn't compete with the blue. https://www.johnsontiles.com.au/product/spectrum/ If budget allows consider a glass splashback that matches the Pumice colour. Best of luck Dr Retro House Calls...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago









Belindee