Houzz Logo Print
debo_2006

X post: Anyone know anything about HD / 4K tvs?

debo_2006
8 years ago

Posted in computer forum also.

Bought our first 4K UHD tv at BB. It's a Sony 55X850C, trading up from rear projector Sony which was amazing. I don't understand why all of the non-HD channel look lackluster. No sharpness to the pic, pixelated, fuzzy, and wording is broken up. From scene to scene I can see the TV try to adjust the pixels to some degree, but, they are still quite noticeable...and annoying. All the HD channels look great though. I have tried calibrating the TV myself along with using Internet suggested settings to no avail leaving the non-HD channel pictures looking washed out and faded.

I know there isn't much programming out there yet for 4K viewing, but, is this as good as it gets with these TV's? My mom has a non-smart Samsung and her pic is always so vibrant even on non-HD channels.

What am I missing? I'm ready to return the set not knowing if I'll find another that might be better. I have posted a similar question on Q&A sites but no replies. BTW, we have Fios if that matters. Sony site doesn't help much as I've been there. Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored