Beige Couch Styling- Help!
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Dining room styling help
Comments (39)That looks so much better. Definitely make chair covers for the rest. I've used aqua accessories in my room- a throw, some coasters and a leaf shaped bowl for the table which has a silver outside. You can always change the accessories with the seasons (I have a red throw for Christmas time) . I'm also having a dilemma with a large window. Initially I'd wanted plantation shutters in white to replace the dark red cedar venetians which made the room gloomy, but I'm now thinking of softening with semi-sheer curtains. It is only partially overlooked in one corner and the rest looks out onto a wall that is less than 1 metre away....See MoreCouch style and position advice.
Comments (10)You have an awkward space to furnish as it is long and skinny, with some of the width needed for circulation and the opening of the linen cupboard doors. I would start by working out where the TV is going, and I think that there are only two logical spots: either against the bathroom wall, or under the air conditioner. Once you have decided the TV location I would measure up some couches and cut out the shapes to the same scale as your floorplan - as moving bits of paper around on a floorplan is easier than moving furniture in real life. I don't think that an L-shaped arrangement like you have in the photo will give you much flexibility, and will visually divide up the space. I might start by looking at a compact 2 or 2.5 seater couch, and a couple of compact armchairs. Don't look at any furniture that is overscaled for the room (think apartment living rather than mansion living). Lounge furniture with legs (such as in your photo) looks visually lighter so should be on your shopping list. Best of luck with your new home, Dr Retro of Dr Retro House Calls...See Morehow would you style this couch and chairs
Comments (18)Hi again not sure what your budget is but these cushions are lovely great colour range and textures the brand is eadie just google them send you some pics of mine the others found in opp shops and put feather inserts in them love cushions...See MoreIn desperate need of help to fix our ugly beige house!
Comments (24)That’s pretty much the height we were looking at going for so it’s an obvious step up and matches with the front door height. Good point about the front door we will probably install new crimsafe so you won’t be able to see any of the wood at all. Yes landscaping is the biggest thing we need but we are so clueless we just shoved plants in but it clearly didn’t work lol We will be planting along the driveway and putting in lights along it as well and there is a (very messy) hedge hiding the concrete in front of the door- which looks even worse right now because there’s marks from the hail. Our biggest problem is we live on rock and it’s such a steep incline so everything we plant grows weird or not at all I would love a beautiful lush front garden:( Is there anything we can do to the concrete to make it look nicer? If it’s painted with some kind of textured paint would that be too slippery?...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago






















bigreader