Houzz Logo Print
alexa_rouillard

Need Guidance with Couch Color

a13xxa
5 years ago

I'm having difficulty deciding on what color couch will look best in this space and will be easy to accent off of. We went furniture shopping last night, and finally found a couch that works really well for us. However, it only comes in two colors (special ordering colors will take 4-6 months and we don't have time for that as we are moving in within a week). Below are the two options. I always pictured us having a light gray or navy blue couch, so this threw me for a loop. I planned on accenting the room with navy blue and orange in the form of pillows, throws, and an area rug to bring in some color. My options for a couch color are a dark brown or a beige/khaki color. I don't know if I will be able to use the accent colors that I wanted to with these options. Also, I'm not sure if the brown will be too dark for the space (and it will show pet hair), and I'm also not sure how I would really incorporate the beige/khaki because nothing else in the house is really this color. I'm just looking for some advice/opinions of houzz users.

Here is the beige color, in the store it appeared to have slightly more yellow tones to it.

Here is the brown, which seemed darker in person.

Here is the space it is going into, against the stairway wall and then coming out into the open living room. Note that the stairs are now stained to match the floor. (Also dark brown). We do plan on having an area rug.

Here is the fireplace and tv that the couch will be facing.

Thanks for your help.

Comments (37)

Sponsored