How can I tie my living and dining room together?
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (28)
Related Discussions
Need help to pull my living area together!
Comments (10)Hi. This is improving. We need more tweaking, though. I see you have 3 love seats. We will need to divide the furniture into 2 groups. Before we do, is there any way you can move the dining table down the hall, away from the grand piano? That way, we could add another seating area around the piano. Also, it would take away from the awkwardness of having the dining table halfway in the room. Alternately, could the grand piano be moved to the other side of the dining table and then the dining table be moved so that it is centered in front of the window?...See MoreHELP! Any ideas how to fix the living room end of our dining room?
Comments (25)First ,is removing excess furniture an option? Second, why bar fridge in the dining area, that really ruins the look. Seems that you can not move dining table closer to the kitchen because you have light pendant above the table, so can you move piano where your black couch is and couch on the other side of the room instead of creamy colour sofa . I notice the luck of coffee tables and side tables,that's probably why you like to sit around dining table, it is not visitors friendly and doesn't encourage conversation or interaction. I will come back to it have to study photos more. Are the arm chain the other room similar colour to the couch in the dining area?...See MoreHow do I make my rental living room work?
Comments (7)As you haven't supplied any measurements, it's a little hard to gauge the correct size of the lounge etc, however, I would definitely take the dining table out of the lounge. Like oklouise, I would set that up in the kitchen area. I would opt to place it hard against the laundry wall and pull it out into the kitchen when it is required. I would also opt to have a narrow table that could be lifted to become fullsize. How friendly a terms are you on with your landlord? I would be putting a good case forward to him/her to install a heat-pump high on the wall above where the dining table is in your pic. There looks to be an area outside the WC wall to place the outside unit and it would be very easy to duct through to install the inside unit. While at it, get the heater taken out. Hopefully, the landlord would be able to see that a heat-pump would be cost effective whilst freeing up the corner for you. Do a little research beforehand. I would put the TV, and other lounge cabinetry on the white wall that backs onto the kitchen and if possible, around the corner slightly, where the heater is. That would free up the remainder of brick wall that has no window on it, for you to arrange your seating. As already suggested, I would also set your guitars up near the base of the stairs. Thoroughfare from the entrance, to the stairs, to the outside and to the kitchen and bathroom needs to be an uninterrupted flow....See MoreNeed ideas on how i can design this living room
Comments (10)And change the light . That room will always look 1970's until you change it IMO . The new layout looks approx 1831% better IMO haha . A big ( at least 1.2mtr long by 800 tall ) abstract picture in bright reds , oranges , yellows with a bit of green and charcoal would add some colour . So would a red rug . Yellow cushions . Some colour in other words . I've never done it , but possibly even look into dying the blinds -- a mid yellow or even a brown may lift the room , but be subtle enough to not overpower it ? If you want to go more into blue or green tones for the whole room , you probably could , but you'd need to get rid of the black couches ....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
























Zenial ElOriginal Author