Houzz Logo Print
romai

Roman Shade Problem

romai
2 years ago

I have a service-related question. About four years ago I had four roman shades custom made by a small drapery company run by a husband and wife team. After about a year one of them no longer worked, i.e., it would get stuck and not move up or down. The owner came by and fixed it. Now once again I have the same problem with the same drape (as well as another one). The owner came by and attempted to fix it, wasn't able to so he took the entire pulley part back to his studio to take it apart and redo it. He returned, attached the fabric to it and again it would not work properly - it would stiffen up near the top and was not pulling the three sections up evenly. I told him it still wasn't working properly and his response to this was: I've tried and there's nothing more I can do, there's only a one-year warranty on the mechanical part of the curtain. I paid him $150 for the 'repair' and later that same day, the curtain stopped moving altogether, again. My question for people who work in this business: Is this a normal response to a client who purchased an (expensive) custom roman blind that stops working twice in a four-year period?? It appears the mechanism was a 'lemon' and I'm now stuck with a drape that doesn't work. And that this is my problem and presumably my cost to replace it. I want to have a better idea of how things work in this industry and how I should respond moving forward so would love some feedback. Thank you.

Comments (7)

Sponsored