Houzz Logo Print
winterlude_farmhouse

Kitchen layout with tricky floorplan

Amazing kitchen designers! We're now ready to start our kitchen renovation but I'm not completely happy with the design. I've attached the original kitchen (which I hate) as is and also the hand drawn design from our cabinet maker - which I do like but it intrudes a bit too far into the living area. I can reduce the cabinetry on the long wall but I'm conscious of having all the things we need. We're moving the sliding door from its original position to the new spot on the hand drawn plan.
The inner 'corner' of the dining room is posing a problem. It's currently the thoroughfare toward the dining table and the sliding door. The placement of the island on the plan will make it even worse.
I feel like there must be a good solution in using the current dining and kitchen areas in a better way. The dining room has quite low windows on all sides so we'd probably need to do some exterior brickwork if we just swapped the spaces.
I REALLY need to make a decision about the kitchen so if anyone has any suggestions, I would be really grateful.

Comments (22)