Houzz Logo Print
lyndamacdonaldinteriordesign

Luxury Maison Cruz Renovation

Our clients had been living in their home since 2014 and when they realised they wanted to upgrade to have a more functional home, they couldn’t find anything on the market with such a great location to the kid's schools and family. As such, they decided to turn their existing home into their forever home and make some major changes in the process.

Before:

After:

Maison Cruz · More Info

Maison Cruz · More Info

Maison Cruz · More Info

They wanted to modernise the home as well as open up the space to make the most of the water views when you entered the house. These amazing views were hidden behind a central staircase so we moved the stairs to the left and a new design was created. They also wanted to create indoor / outlook living spaces to be able to entertain comfortably with family and friends. Their pool space didn’t change that much, however, when we added the tiles and Artificial Mondo grass design – boy did it get a facelift!

Before:

After:

Maison Cruz · More Info

Maison Cruz · More Info

Before:

After:

Maison Cruz · More Info

Maison Cruz · More Info

The homeowners wanted to create a mix of Contemporary & Modern Farmhouse feel, so the first thing we decided on was a redesign of the floorplan to create a butlers pantry and a brand new open plan kitchen that would wow their guests when entertaining. Each bedroom had their own ensuites added and a wine cellar was installed under the new staircase. The biggest improvement was opening up the back doors and installing a huge bank of stacker doors. The exterior areas were also updated and a gorgeous front cobblestone driveway was installed at the last minute!. Arches were removed from the façade of the home and new straight-lined windows were installed to provide a more contemporary feel to the building's architecture.

Before:

After:

Maison Cruz · More Info

Before:

After:

Maison Cruz · More Info

Maison Cruz · More Info

Maison Cruz · More Info

Our clients were blown away with the final result and will now be able to create memories in their space for years to come!

After:

Maison Cruz · More Info

See the entire project here!

Comments (8)

• Asif Ali
    2 years ago

Getting Scarface vibes from the before shots and keeping with the theme, the place is fit for a baller! love this luxurious makeover!

• Kate
    2 years ago

Love the internal changes and the pool deck. Moving the staircase massive impact

• K s
    2 years ago

Looks great, what is the wood flooring colour/ make ?

• Shelley
    2 years ago

Love it. What an amazing transformation. Well done.

• bigreader
    2 years ago

Moving the staircase made such a difference. Great improvement.

• Davincicalbourne
    2 years ago

Wow, what a transformation. I know there were some major changes made, but I think the difference that the new colour scheme to the facade and pool surround is amazing. A beautiful ‘new’ home - congratulations.

• User
    2 years ago

The interior was very dated , and while it's obviously a very expensive property , The interior is too white for my taste , and lacking anything that has any personality .

Ironically , looking at everyone elses comments , the stairs were the only bit of the before that I liked -- okay , its a nod to a bygone era , but moving the stairs and those 'modern' uprights and the like must have been $100km plus , for what isn't ( IMO ) a great view -- the pool is great , but I suspect that can't be seen from the front door , plus you already have the Wow of the courtyard , the entrance , the palm , etc -- you wait until someone is in the living area before they see the pool , the canal , the rest IMO .

So while I wouldn't have left it as it was , and I personally like almost all the outside updates , I don't like a lot of the interior -- too white , too impersonal -- and then theres grey drapes !

• macyjean
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I really liked the original stairs, and I'm not sure what opening up the view out the back from the front door achieves, for visitors they'd get the wow moment as they walk through and for doorknockers do they really need to see everyone sitting at the dining table? It's nice and there are parts I like very much, but I have to agree it does look impersonal.