Houzz Logo Print
webuser_754795851

Seeking the right shade of white wall paint with rich, timber floors

Meg J
14 days ago

I am preparing my house for sale and the Agent has suggested a re-paint of the internal walls to brighten and freshen up. Currently I have Dulux Natural White as I prefer warm whites as i have rich, warm, Spotted Gum timber floors which throw a lot of warmth. My down lights are also warm. However, due to this sometimes the walls appear cream in the rooms without a lot of natural light.

The Agent has suggested to use the favourite Lexicon Half/Quarter to brighten up. Personally I don’t like the blue/grey tones of Lexicon and am unsure of how this would look against the warm timber floors. Will it be too much of a contrast or will it compliment the timber floors? Has anyone used Lexicon against these darker, rich timber floors? Can anyone suggest a bright, warm white paint colour? My house in QLD has a Balinese resort feel, its not a contemporary modern home. Or maybe i just stick to the Natural White and replace the down lights with cool white globes. in this competitive real estate market, I feel the ”hot” market will drive the price, not the shade of white on the walls. I am in a sought after location. Is a re-paint really necessary?

i have attached 2 photos - the first is the room currently with Natural White (looks cream). The 2nd one is from the Dulux Paint Online Simulator with Lexicon Quarter (looks grey)

Comments (7)