Houzz Logo Print
sandra_lamari

Help! Piano won't fit in new house.

Sandra Lamari
7 years ago

Can anyone help!

On our paper plans our piano was going to fit perfectly in the hall nook near the front door. Now the walls are up and we are nearly done we have found the piano sticks out way too far into the hallway. About 30cm into the hallway, and then when you open the front door it doesn't leave much room to manouver around it coming inside. :-(

It is an upright piano and dimensions are 67cm (at widest point - the keys) x 145cm long.

Looking from the front door back, piano was going to go on the left.

We can fit it in the garage or the games room for the time being but hubby wanted other things in his games room (and I dont want any risk of drinks getting spilt on it) and we wanted our younger boys drum set in the garage.

This piano is sentimental to me so I am not going to be getting rid of it.

We can try squeeze it in the lounge room, but room is already tight there and hubby isn't too keen.

This is our dining, and lounge area. Dining table in front of sliding door, with a 2 and 3 seater going in the lounge room, bar stools at the island bench and TV will be hung on the left hand wall between the windows. I was thinking perhaps piano under aircon??

This pic might be better to show the actual size.

And a floor plan to help.

I've just about run out of ideas and now I am sad that I wasn't on the ball enough to fix this issue before it was too late.

Thanks in advance,

Sandra

Comments (8)