Houzz Logo Print
maria70

Am I on the right track with these plans???

Maria Press
7 years ago
Hey,

I'd love to hear from anyone who has any suggestions on improving our renovation plans. Basically we are extending the pitch/height of our roof to create a master bedroom /retreat upstairs and knocking out a few walls downstairs to create a nicer brighter space with a back verandah. As we have a pool with a large outdoor room/kitchen we didn't want to go OTT with the size of the verandah. We also have another floor downstairs which has another bedroom, small rumpus, and combined laundry and bathroom.
I was thinking of reducing the size of the pantry and converting the linen closet into a powder room. Is this a silly idea as I already have a bathroom further down the hallway? I thought I could move the linen closet to the storage area at the top of the stairs on the parents retreat floor.
The front of the house faces west. Our house is double brick so it's not so easy to move rooms around. I really wanted to open up the back of the house to let in as much light as possible as well as add a couple of skylights in the middle of the house where it can get dark in winter.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (18)