Houzz Logo Print
hayleyrstevenson

Feature tress Gold Coast

Hayley S
7 years ago
Hi. Can anyone suggest a beautiful feature tree for a front yard? I live on the Gold Coast but not near the water but obviously will have to tolerate the heat and humidity. I am looking for 3, either side of my drive way in the lawn and one in the middle garden. I have beautiful mountain views so they can't be anymore than about 5-7 metres. The trouble I'm having is I only like cold climate trees like ornamental pears, maples and silver birch (at least I think they are cold climate). No nurseries around here or in Brisbane seem to stock these trees. I currently have palms which I hate and want a softer look that is evergreen. The street I live on is like being in the country with Jacarandas, poincianas, leopards etc which unfortunately don't suit due to roots and dropping leaves. I have attached a photo but I am currently in the middle of painting the roof (mid grey) and exterior (hog bristle 1/4), new balustrade and new tiles on the stairs so please excuse. I have limited knowledge on plants and trees so any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Comments (3)