Houzz Logo Print
ania_dabliu

Farm house exterior colour scheme - colorbond cladding

Ania Dabliu
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are about to build a new farm house in Central West NSW and I am after some advice on colour scheme. This is a house design (see picture) It has veranda all around and on the other side there are more wider sliding doors for the living area and more bedrooms. The house will be situated on the band of a river and surrounded by big gums. We are going to use steel frame and clad the house with colorbond, use aluminum windows and sliding door. As a feature, we think to incorporate a sandstone head above the main entry (with date of build) but I am worried it is not going to work together. We definitely want the lightest roof colour possible as it gets very hot where we are. I like dark grey window frames but would they get hot as well? Anyone has some photo examples of successful similar houses? There is not much here in hauzz photos and I see wooden windows frames and grey walls are popular, but most photos showcases modern houses and not farm houses. I do like a modern look though, I would like to somehow modernise the farm house a bit. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Anna

Comments (62)