Houzz Logo Print
kate_baldry95

Extension/renovation help!

KateB74
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We have a house that is big enough for our family but with really ordinary flow. The bathroom is off the kitchen and is North East facing and we have two rooms in the middle that never get used. Most of our time is squeezed in to the little meals area in the kitchen, or in the family room. I'm thinking of redesigning the kitchen, pushing it to the meals are, to provide a decent sized dining area near the current back door. Also, relocating the bathroom to the centre of the house where the living room is at the moment, and converting the current bathroom to a sitting area so we can get lots of morning winter sun. The biggest problem I can see is that the sitting area will be quite small (3x4m). What kinds of costs are involved with extending a weatherboard building out by about 1m? It's slightly elevated. I'm also interested in hearing other suggestions about how to make the most of our early Federation house. It's in a great location, quiet neighbourhood, close to everything. The floorplan below shows what it was when we bought it. We haven't changed anything apart from breaking up the dressing room to make a walk in robe and ensuite. Any suggestions are really appreciated! Thank you.

Comments (15)