Houzz Logo Print
ccool96

New Alabama White Marble Countertops look horrible!

Chris C
6 years ago
We are building a new house and after looking at tons of slabs locally, we found nothing we liked.

A vendor brought in these Alabama White Marble Honed slabs from Atlanta. The picture they sent originally was pure white and gray. I was assured they were not yellowish at all.

When they arrived in Florida, they had just been driven 4 hours in flooding rain and were dark and dingy yellow.

We were assured they would be white again after they dried out. They did begin to whiten up, but due to time constraints we couldn't wait 2 weeks they wanted to wait for them to fully dry. Again they assured us they would.

Now they are installed and while our island slab looks pretty decent, the perimeter slabs look awful. These cost $15,000.00 for 102 sqft. We are just sick about this whole situation.

Is Alabama White Marble suppose to look like this? I was told it is very similar to Vermont Danby, and no pictures I have seen of Alabama White or Vermont Danby look like this. Did driving for hours in muddy wet weather permanently damage them. I don't know what to do. We have only paid 50% and stopped all work.

Need advice.

Comments (34)