Houzz Logo Print
cookie1930

I Would Love Help With Furniture Placement & If I should Buy A Couch

Cookie1930
6 years ago

I bought a house that needs a lot of cosmetic work. I got a really good deal so I won't complain. I haven't finished painting amongst many other things. Please look pass this.

First let me say, I hate this couch and it's a temporary filler. It will not be staying, but I want to know if I should fill the space with another sectional or should I get a couch and chair? Does sectional / couch look nice against the wall? It looks bunched up there in my opinion. If I pull it more out into the floor the table looks weird pulled away from the wall. However, the table looks crushed up next to the couch, to prevent it from sticking out into the foyer. Also the lamp is blocking the thermostat. Not sure how this looks to you all. The space is very boring and lacks decor, I know this. I have tons of decor after moving from a large house. After painting I will decide which decor stays and which will go. I really just want to know what you think regarding the furniture, it's placement and if I should get a new sectional when I go shopping or should I get a couch. The dimensions are roughly 14x20. I want to take this house and turn it into a beauty. Structurally it's in good condition, but the previous owners didn't take care of the cosmetics... ( ie. paint, flooring, cleaning and minor repairs like missing knobs)

If I pull the sofa from the wall, it will not be much walking space and what would I do with the table against the wall? I've been wanting to post for a while but, I'm ashamed of the house and just afraid to post. I had to get over not being in my large house and starting over. :(

Comments (5)