Houzz Logo Print
bambi_damty

WDYT about the workmanship in this bedhead?

Bee Phillips
6 years ago
We recently ordered a king size bedhead and frame from a major Australian bed store. We chose a frame style from the store and had it upholstered in a selected Warwick fabric. It wasn’t cheap - around $1,700 which included a 20% discount due to a promotion for RACV members.

It was delivered last week and I am really disappointed with the ‘lumpiness’ of the top of frame.

The store’s initial response was ‘well I can see lumpiness in our display model so you would have seen that when you bought it’.

Aside from the fact all the bedheads were displayed high on the wall, my response was that this was neither here nor there. This is an expensive piece and I expected a quality item.

They are now sending someone from the manufacturer to have a look which is great, but I just wanted to sense check if I’m being unreasonable.

I’ve popped some photos below although it’s a bit hard to photograph.

What do you think?

Comments (4)

• User
    6 years ago
    I would be really disappointed also, glad they are sending someone to look at it, as you said for such an expensive item the workmanship should be spot on, the stores response was not very helpful also, hope the manufacturer fixes it for you as it will always make you unhappy every time you look at it. They say you get what you pay for but in this instance you certainly didn't, best of luck.
  • JE C
    6 years ago
    It is certainly disappointing. I think if it were me I would discreetly go back to look at the display item and see if what they are saying is true. A consumer advice group may be able to tell you what your legal position is if the display item is lumpy.
  • PRO
    Wild Bear & Co Hervey Bay
    6 years ago
    I don’t believe the bedhead was initially inspired or designed for that matter, with lumpiness as the main objective ... who would buy it that way? I think it’s a poor response to your legitimate complaint. At least they are sending someone out to have a look. I hope they can offer a satisfactory solution for you.
  • Bee Phillips
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Yes I have to agree I was so disappointed that their instant reaction was to hide behind this old school ‘buyer beware’ mentality as opposed to caring about the quality of their custom beds! Good point about popping into the store as well.