Houzz Logo Print
syarwood08

Roof colour and front facade advice please

Maz72
5 years ago

Would appreciate some input re new roof colour please. Roof needs fixing and repainting. House is a pole home - standard reddish brown all over. Currently a very faded manor red, I think, but might be better with more contrast to the house? We're in the tropics, so anything cooler in summer would be best! The roof is pitched inside, so no option to put in extra insulation, but we do get good breezes. would we then need to paint the downpipes, etc? They're currently painted brown to match the house exterior. Minimising painting downpipes might be best as it's a pole home and access is difficult - up to 3 stories high at the back of the house,

Also, suggestions for front deck/walkway colours please. It's all a bit too brown and dark I think, not enough contrast. There is a nice leadlight window beside the door that I'd like to keep. Was thinking of using a dark grey/brown for the railings, maybe around the door to provide some contrast, but it's still dark, especially with the red door. We'll most likely sell in the next 6 months and improved street appeal would be good. Any ideas appreciated.

Comments (3)