Houzz Logo Print
kylieroberts3

Floor layout help. Turning 2 semis back into 1 house.

Kylie
last year

Hi everyone. We have bought a house that was 2 semis. It is back on one title with a connecting internal door. There are still 2 entrance doors (I don't mind that as both pretty). My daughter is about to move out of the left side one and we'd like to connect the 2 and make it feel more like one house (it was hard to sell because of the disconnect). It will just be my husband and myself but we have to consider resale value down the track. Our thoughts so far are:

Turn bedrooms 4 and 5 and the ensuite into our master suite and walk in wadrobe. (it is north facing off a little courtyard)?

Bedroom 1 would become a guest bedroom. (it is where we are now but ensuite not so good)

Turn kitchen on the left into a laundry/utility room (clothesline through that front door and outside the window)?

The maybes: Living room on the left into grandchildren's room? Dining on the left into a study for my husband?

Bedroom 2 is already used as my office and I like it.

Bedroom 3 is working well as a fireplace/tv watching room.

We have renovated the right side semi beautifully. Our problem is just the left side and trying to make it all feel like one house.

Comments (6)