Houzz Logo Print
satomi_terauchi

Incorrect sink cut for stone bench top

Sam N
last year

We are currently doing kitchen renovation and our stone bench top arrived for installation. We noticed that unfortunately the cut for the sink area was incorrect. During the meeting we have been telling the kitchen renovate people that we want undermount sink because of the particular reason and they understand it. Since it arrive with incorrect cut and the sink is bigger then cut they did, it won’t fit. They have to redo it again. Unfortunately when I checked the quotation, it said “drop in cut”. I read all the contract and quotation at that time I signed it but somehow I was not really pay attention to what it means by “drop in sink cut” as I thought it is just how they need to cut and not knowing that there is different cut for Topmount vs Undermount sink. They also didn’t explain to me the difference in cut. I admit that it is partially my fault that I should have paid more attention but I have been talking to them about undermount sink and when I provided the sink details, product name is also said undermount. Now that I am nowhere to proof that I have been talking about undermount, I am stuck to who is responsible with the cost for redoing the new stone bench top. What is your opinion for fare in this case?

Note that they also have done the cabinet with incorrect measurement which cause the cabinet door can not be opened. Luckily I came up with the idea and this was easy fix but I had to pay for it as they said it was not in the quotation originally and is a new request….since then I doubt about this company so I want to make it fare this time…any opinion is greatly appreciated 😀

Comments (2)