Houzz Logo Print
webuser_483147411

Advice on kitchen reno

AJ
last year
last modified: last year

Currently helping my parents renovate their 27 year old kitchen. Main reasons behind it are the rangehood is dead, the electric wall oven is nearly dead, and having recently removed the gas hot water and gas ducted heating (now all electric), now the gas cooktop is all that's left on gas and they want to change to induction.

I've taken it upon myself to come up with something before they contact any cabinet makers. Main things to consider in the design were removal of built-in corner pantry and wall oven, inclusion of a dishwasher, and under bench pullout bin.

Current kitchen has a breakfast bar that has never really been used, so it has been decided that that will go, and instead be replaced by cupboards accessed from outside the kitchen/in the dining room. The 200mm wide wall next to the fridge is load bearing and will not be removed/changed.

In order to remove the corner pantry, I can only manage to fit underbench ovens (2 * 600mm), and to make allowance for a pullout bin (min. 400mm) the peninsula has to be pushed into the dining room. Is there anything in this layout that wouldn't work? Or are there other options that I may not have considered that would allow double wall ovens instead, but still remove the corner pantry?

Floorplan:

Current kitchen:

Current layout:

New kitchen layout:

~1100 pantry

Peninsula would extend approx. 400mm past wall into dining room

Apart from odd sized/overlapped cabinets (best I could manage in the software) and colour choice, what, if any, changes would be recommended?

Comments (8)