Walls are a light gray with blue tint.
Chairs are a gray/blue.
Floors are slate.
Please help?!

Comments (555)

• abbyjean
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    YAY! You got baskets and a throw! I love baskets in a room and all the texture they add, and a throw also gives some color, plus function.
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Abby- closer pix of baskets.
  • Related Discussions

Advice for our new homes curb appeal

Q

Comments (18)
    It all depends on how you want to use your front yard. I live on a corner block and in an old suburb in Canberra, where hedges are everywhere and for good reason, Privacy! You're front yard is a little more magical too when you aren't exposed to the street. I definitely would plant a tree in the corner so in time it overhangs and softens the driveway but please research the tree first or it could be a disaster. If you're not into hedges then garden beds at the front and around the corner, edging is a must, maybe a sculpture or garden feature not small but more of a statement piece. As already suggested, have a look at pictures on Houzz I'm sure you'll fall in love with something that suits you're lifestyle, and don't forget to add some soft garden lighting, good luck!
    ...See More

Our new house @ Lady Bay

Q

Comments (13)
    Re-did fly around model to correctly show rear decking and landscape idea, We have are about to start ground works
    ...See More

Our new bathroom!

Q

Comments (16)
    Stunning conversion! You did a fantastic job, and what a beautiful mirror, too! For the shower curtain have you considered a glass shower screen? Just a thought, especially if you wanted to keep with the modern, industrial feel you have created already!
    ...See More

Our new outdoor entertainment area

Q

Comments (10)
    Gorgeous Mediterranean area, and I can imagine just how stunning it would be with a fire pit in winter time. To keep with the style, keep sun out yet avoid creating an enclosed feel shade cloth is the best way to go. If you wanted something easy to put up and take down, I agree a gazebo would work really well, like the one below: These are some DIY solutions - you can usually pick up these products from your local Bunnings, or learn more about them online. Plenty of colours, sizes and shapes to suit your space, too! Hope helps - can't wait to see what you decide to go with!
    ...See More
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    You totally scored....thanks for the close up! That basket with the throw is just perfect!!! And it also provides a place to put a pillow if someone wants to move the pillow when they sit in the chair. Some people do that and now it does not go on the floor.

Can you get to the magazine basket ok? Is it too big for on the other side of the chair by the light?

That close up of the table....what a beautiful table!!! SCORE on that, too!!!
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    And I love where I used my rain barrel table. Just need to work on accents.
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    YAY! The table found a home. I love that table....and the rain barrel name!
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    All, I've added me new posting for advice on a mirror. Please follow and give advice!! This is a hard one!
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks Abby! Yes this table is so gorgeous! I love love love the texture!

Was thinking about the basket being too big when I put mags in.
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    One SMALL suggestion now that I see those candles. I know this is tough to do with new ones, but light the candles for just even a moment, to get rid of the new wick. They will look like they belong when that gets burned....just a bit. Brave enough?
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    I found the mirror post, but you may want to link it here.
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi Abby, I will light the candles :) I didn't think of that!

Here is link to mirror.

Discussion on Houzz: Help me repurpose hubby's moms mirror in our new home!! http://houzz.com/s/m=7/u=L2Rpc2N1c3Npb25zLzEyOTAwOTk=
  • lessismoore
    9 years ago
    My "issue" with 95% of the art posted is that it includes some bright Turquoise blues and you don't have an turquoise at the moment. You have gray blues from your drapes. If you plan to include some turquoise accents (say your living room curtains, as I get the feeling you want to change those?) and carrying that into the DR ... my opinion might change. This is my "personal" bugaboo - while blue can be a green-blue, or a more red-blue, or a basic "cobalt blue-blue" I "personally" don't think they go well together. I think its something about the undertones.
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Possibly
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Less- yes the living room curtains have got to go. I do not like them. I thought about buying same ones from pottery barn, but then I thought maybe a solid or strip that share colors that's in the PB curtains.
  • lessismoore
    9 years ago
    The last art you posted work for me ;-) I really like the Morning Vista framed and the Carolyn Kinder one.
  • lsemartha
    9 years ago

Are you done yet? If you decided upon neutrals throughout then this is your opportunity to pick up a really large print to fill up that space for the blank wall to the right of the door. Again, go to Home goods and just browse. When something catches your eye, bring it home to try. If you can't find a 'really large' print perhaps getting 4 coordinating prints, all framed alike would work. The little shelf can find another home elsewhere. Please post what you've decided upon! Thanks!

• Carolina
    9 years ago

Gosh, totally missed the latest updates here. So glad you found a good home for the rain barrel table and I love the pillows on the chairs and the basket... Did you find art that you love? Are you enjoying your sunroom now?

• jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm getting there I will post pictures once the sun comes up:)

• jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

• Carolina
    9 years ago

Art looks really good!

• jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I've got the curtains for the 'kitchen nook' ordered. The are the same ones as in the family room pic. I also sold the small round kitchen table to get something a little bit bigger (chairs didn't fit right). Now, I am not sure what to do with the wall around/next to TV and stairs?
  • lessismoore
    9 years ago

Rooms are looking great. And my oh my does it look cold outside! Thanks for posting this update.

• groveraxle
    9 years ago

TV wall looks very lonely. ;-( And you need a taller lamp at the end of the sectional.

• groveraxle
    9 years ago

Move the art to the right of the curtains (it looks a bit crammed) around the corner to the left of the TV. Larger lamp, big plant in the corner:

• Carolina
    9 years ago

Idea for your TV wall

APART J&J · More Info

• Carolina
    9 years ago

Or

Homefield Road · More Info

• Carolina
    9 years ago

Or with an inbuilt fireplace...

Private residential Kent Uk · More Info

• Carolina
    9 years ago

Another option

Suzie Shore Interior Design · More Info

• jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi Carolins!
    I love the pics an would love to do something like that to my tv wall.... but I'm not sure (on my own) what to do. The family room has vaulted ceiling. So the tv wall slopes up.
  • lucidos
    9 years ago

I can see adding some dimension and clear demarcation to part of that wall behind the TV giving the room some much needed fleshing and interest yet keeping it toned to the rest of the area.

• Carolina
    9 years ago
    If you do something like in the photos I showed you, I'd keep it to the height of the opening that's in the wall to the right. Does that make sense?
  • Anne
    9 years ago
    I'm currently trying to plan for decorating our sunroom--we are building and our room will be very similar to yours. It has been fun to go through the thread and see the room evolve. It looks great!
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Ok. So tomorrow I'm getting the Ronan table from pier1 delivered (photo attached is pic of table from website).

I see this sofa table on home decorators website and wonder if I place it behind my section (facing the kitchen book) which is where the pier1 table will be..... Will this be too many different wood types?
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Meant to say if I place it behind my sectional.
  • PRO
    Ward Designs
    9 years ago

Sofa table will look great behind sectional - just make sure it's the correct size. Should be same height or 1 inch lower than top of sofa, also s/b 2/3 the length or more of sofa.

There is no problem with using different woods.

• jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks! I'll post a pic of table and drapes in book tomorrow.

• Avery
    9 years ago

@jxwagne, just wanted to say that I've enjoyed watching your sunroom evolve too.....you've gotten some great help and it looks fantastic! Definitely a cozy spot to relax and hang out in. Like the style of the new table and console you're considering too. The ideas you've gotten for the TV are fantastic....I'm sure it'll turn out great. Just take your time to figure out what you'd really like to do.....then work on it as budget and time allows. In the meantime, enjoy your beautiful home. :-)

• lessismoore
    9 years ago

should look great :-)

• jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    @Avery - Thank you! I've gotten so many terrific ideas. I sunroom is very cozy. Eventually, I'll trade the chairs for a love seat I think (but hubby is attached to them right now) laugh.

I still haven't found the 'thing' that catches my eye (and is in budget) for the wall opposite the chairs (pic1)....
    And I need a table of sorts for under the picture to the left of the chairs (pic2).

As for the family room. I love the ideas I was given. If I do the just a few shelves around and maybe one over the tv I could do myself, but I like the idea with the 'molding
    /trim and wall paper' created around TV to add a focal point. That idea, I probably couldn't do on my own (may have to hire help).

Then there is pic3. The odd wall in the family room. It has 2 angles. I thought about putting a large round clock, canvas or maybe something like a 'starburst' type mirror.. I have no idea. The space is about 7 1/2 feet * 7 1/2 feet.

But once done here I've got a master bedroom/bath to do.
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    @Ward Designs - The sofa table size 33"Hx72"Wx14"D Color WORN BLACK
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    my couch dimesion height to the 'lip' of top of back is 31.5 inches.
    to the top of the 'cushion' is 36. The length of couch is 122 inches. Hmmm so the table would be 1.5 inches taller than to 'lip' at the top of couch.
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Oh wait, unless the table is 33" high at each end where it is curved? In that case the table might be the right height:)
  • jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hmm.. What about this on the upper wall??
    Dimensions: 41" wide x 61.5" high x 1.75" thick
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago

Cannot wait to see your new table in place today. What fun to look forward to that and I can imagine you already have the decor in mind for it.

When I look at pic 2 of the sunroom, it looks straight out of a catalog. Soooo pretty! Is there a narrow table the style of your coffee table that could work?

You have been very patient with that blank wall in there......something will show up. Something that makes you smile as you sit in those chairs.

• jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Here's the table. I think it looks nice. Handing curtain rod and drapes in a bit. More pics to come.
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago

It does look nice! Sooooo nice! Cannot wait to see the drapes now. Busy day for you.

• abbyjean
    9 years ago

Maybe you would even want some sort of narrow in depth table under the art to set up and use like a buffet???

• PRO
    Ward Designs
    9 years ago

I think that's a great idea abbyjean - it would also give a visual break between the two areas without being obtrusive. Here are pics of a few styles that would look great in your space:

Pic 1 - Simple, casual, open shelving with smoked glass shelves.

Pic 2 - Open bottom, with legs, closed shelves for extra glasses and dinnerware, nice detail on doors.

Pic 3 - Open top shelf, closed storage and small wine rack, has a bombe feel to it.

• jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks for this idea abbyjean and the pics ward design. I like the first and third pics. Where would I find these online? I really like 1st pic but not sure of the black.
  • PRO
    Ward Designs
    9 years ago

jxwagne - here is info on first and third pics:

The first one is available at eBay or Overstock.com

• Drawer compartment dimensions: 1.75 inches high x 16.5 inches wide x 8.75 inches deep
    • Side shelf dimensions: 8.25 inches high x 10.5 inches wide x 5 inches deep
    • Tempered glass shelf dimensions: 12.5 inches high x 35.5 inches wide x 10.25 inches deep
    • Mid-bottom shelf dimensions: 12.5 inches high x 35.75 inches wide x 11.5 inches deep
    • Overall dimensions: 34 high x 47.25 inches wide x 11.5 inches deep

The third one can be purchased at eBay and Overstock.com.

• Open Shelf Dimension: 5 inches high x 49 inches wide x 17 inches deep

• Center Square Slots Dimension: 4 inches high x 4 inches wide x 16 inches deep

• Overall Dimensions: 35 inches high x 51 inches wide x 18 inches deep

• My preference would be #1, for the following reasons: The black is a neutral and will work well with all the different woods you currently have. It's a nice "grounding" piece (without being heavy) that works as well with the sunroom, as it does with the dining area. With shelves on both sides, it "speaks" to both rooms as well. It doesn't look like a buffet, it looks like a great piece of furniture that can be used anywhere. It will look awesome under your art piece. (Also, I think the size might be better for that wall).

• jxwagne
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Added an 'Advice' forum for the master bedroom.

Discussion on Houzz: Master Bedroom http://houzz.com/s/m=7/u=L2Rpc2N1c3Npb25zLzI5NjM3OTg=