Houzz Logo Print
champagne4lulu

What should we do with this pool fence??

champagne4lulu
9 years ago
We are in the process of renovating our outdoor area. Deck has just been completed and fence painted. The shed at the back will eventually be rendered and painted (unsure what colour) and we'll be converting it into a cabana - adding a door, converting inside etc.

What I'm stuck on is the white fence. It's so long - about 20 meters and in parts it's very narrow.

Some things I thought of is adding some star Jasmin or ivy, along a trellis but my partner isn't keen as the Jasmin flowers would clog the pool filter and upkeep to make this look good is too high. He's also concerned it wouldn't survive given high temps here and he doesn't want to cut into deck to plant in the ground.

Then I thought about bench seats split up with some conifers or lilypillies but we would need quite a few of the benches, and some sections would then be difficult to move around.

I don't really like the look of those metal decorative sculptures and I'd be concerned about rusting etc.

We live in Australia in quite a tropical/humid climate and summer (which is now) is very dry and hot.

Help - what should I do here?

Comments (9)