Houzz Logo Print
madebymaven

Kitchen Upgrade

Marinmaven
8 years ago

We are upgrading the kitchen. We are not changing the footprint from below. It still is a small kitchen with a breakfast nook. We are keeping the cabinets but having them fixed up and lightened.

Would moving the cabinets to the ceiling (8ft) make the cabinets be too high? Any ideas how to use the space other than display stuff?

In the breakfast nook we are moving the table (the table leaves come down) on the other side of the nook and having a custom 84Lx24DX35H buffet to go under the stainless steel shelving. I am thinking about organizing pantry items in the shelving to make it less cluttered.

I am thinking of putting a the blanco city silestone on the buffet when it is finished in three months. Do you think it would look okay? I am interested in this piece not only for storage but for additional counterspace for baking, food prep, and bartending.

We are going from a blue green kitchen to a brown, natural wood, cream kitchen. We are taking out the sink and replacing it with a Stainless Steel undermount sink with 3cm Blanco City Silestone with small bevel, plus 4 inch backsplash.
We are replacing the oven with a stainless steel double oven and adding a stainless steel microwave above. We are adding a hood for over the stove.

We are replacing old parquet floors with style selections woods natural glazed porcelain tile which I love. I put porcelain plank tile in our bathroom and it is beautiful and easy to clean. I am thinking of using grout in earth or medium brown.

We are adding crown moulding and adding cabinet hardware.

We are going to replace the lighting with recessed lighting and would love input on the placement of the lights. It is approximately 18ftx 8 1/2 ft kitchen/breakfast nook.

Is the paint color look right to you? I am looking for a cream color that would go well with the Blanco City which has cream and specks of brown. I dig beige. I am trying for a french country kitchen. I like the color palate of cream, beige, red, and stainless steel. I love Benjamin Moore because I love their Spa paint that is matte and great for high moisture areas.

Thanks.

Before:

Comments (19)