Houzz Logo Print
learealtor

Need assistance with chinking & caulking 100 yr old interior log walls

learealtor
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

we bought a duplex as an investment residential rental. during some repairs we discovered that the original log cabin is intact behind drywall. The cabin has been added on to and sided over the years so none of these are any longer exterior walls. I love the look of them, especially the cleaner we get them. Now that we are on our way to having them cleaned up, I don't know what to do for chinking and caulking. I have 3 walls exposed for a total of almost 200 sq. ft. of walls to finish! We are basically at a point in the process where we need it to be the same price or cheaper than just covering it with drywall. :-( Any suggestions for an economically inexpensive way to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. I'm not worried about historical integrity, that was ruined a long time ago. I just want to give this otherwise boring duplex some character now that we've discovered the treasure of logs behind the drywall. Many thanks to anyone who can offer advice. (have already contacted PermaChink and they were very quick with a long list of products and equipment I needed to buy but not much help beyond that.) Thanks!

Comments (7)