Houzz Logo Print
musebaby

Door dilemma

Amanda
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I need some advice on a external door from the laundry.

The layout is changing in our house and this will be our new laundry. The only thing I can think of doing to fix this door issue is to install a glass sliding door which could be expensive as they will have to cut out the brink veneer etc. There is no window in this room at the moment so the door would have to be glass anyway to let in light. But I would like to try and avoid doing it - if someone could think of a better and cheaper option?

Its an awkward space as a sliding door will be near the door. I don't have much space to move the wall because the of the window in the bathroom. I do not want to replace the window due to cost reasons. The washing machine will be at the other end of the room as the door swings open towards the wall. And the washer is one of those large 10kg ones so probably too large to have near the doors at the other end. Also where it shows the washer - on the other side of that wall is the hot water system. So no putting door through, but that would be costly anyway too. If I put cabinetry on other wall I will loose a lot of storage.

Comments (18)