Houzz Logo Print
rockymum

kitchen colour help/advice/opinion

donza
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

hi - 1st post but a reader for several weeks now trying to solve my problem
50yo old house, we've been here 30 yrs and renovated kitchen 25yrs ago. recent leak meant we need/decided on a new kitchen as cupboards swollen etc. I procrastinated over colour back then and ended up with same plain colour (i could describe as a light terracotta) cupboards and bench (no longer available) white tiled splashback, white wall oven and white glass cooktop. Similar toned toned vinyl flooring in a fake tile design. accented by a red cedar(ish) kick plate, bench top edge and top around the cupboards.

The rest of the home is in similar tonings although the carpet does need replacing. Several pieces of stained pine furniture in a similar red cedar(ish) colour are scattered throughout the home.

The problem is I don't like the stainless look which is 95% of the 'whitegoods' now available. I do like the marble laminate that will match the stainless but them I'm basically stuck with a light or dark laminate cupboard/drawer/floor. As the large room doesn't have windows only 1 double sliding door to the west, we don't have any natural sun till late afternoon. We do have 5 other doors that are mostly open to other rooms. I guess what I'm asking is - how can I tone the marble/grey with the current furniture? Lots of the 'whitegoods' also have black so that will also introduce an additional colour, I'd also like to stick with the white tiled splashback.

Comments (17)