Houzz Logo Print
bambi_damty

Colour advice for bedroom curtains

Bee Phillips
6 years ago
Apologies but here’s the back story before the design dilemma...

We have our pre-settlement inspection of our ‘off the plan’ apartment on Friday and settlement is due late November/early December.

We have three east facing rooms that require window coverings and we’re getting advice that unless we order in the next week, we’ll be unable to get coverings until February.

We’ve never seen the apartment but were able to get the windows measured by a curtain supplier associated with the company supplying blinds TJ the development.

The curtain supplier has been very helpful, seems
very knowledgeable and dropped off some samples. My challenge is I think our tastes are very different and we don’t have a lot of time to build on this - but I have never owned or bought window coverings before so not 100% confident that what I like will be good!

We’re both agreed on sheers from ceiling to floor in all three rooms.

Problem 1. Colour. In terms of the bedrooms, (the master and the one for our 8yo daughter), she is strongly suggesting neutrals but we’ve had our heart set on a darker blue grey and white sheers. Ultimately we’d like to paint in dark blue or use sea grass wall covering. I’ve included some brochure shots of the apartment to give a sense of the colour scheme but our apartment will not be as light as it is the second floor (see first 3 images). I’d love to know if you think the dark blue would be too much and if you think any other colours would work better.

Problem 2. Quality. The samples provided are by Nettex and seem to be about $25 a metre which seems very inexpensive and I’m worried they’ll look cheap. Is there any guidance about what price range to look for in terms of getting a quality looking finish?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Comments (28)