Houzz Logo Print
ngpage

Franke Fragranite vs Schock Cristadur Granite Sinks

ngpage
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are renovating our kitchen and plan on installing a black granite sink. So far, there are two contenders - Schock and Franke. Does anyone have any experience with either? Reviews online of the Schock sinks have been less than glowing but the finish on them is beautiful. The Franke ones get good reviews as far as I can see but aren't as smooth to touch as the other. Is there any difference in the granite content between them and does this affect the sink wear/durability in any way? Anyway, we are suffering a huge dose of indecision here and all thoughts are welcome!

Comments (13)

• annb1997
    6 years ago

I looked at the description of both products online just now. One product uses 'resin' and the other uses 'acrylic' in the process. Resin can be either polyester or acrylic, so I would be looking to find out what type of material is the 'resin' in order to make a more definitive comparison. Here's one website which discusses the differences. There's are many more you can find to help with your decision. Best wishes.

https://www.thespruce.com/polyester-or-acrylic-solid-surface-counters-1821252

ngpage thanked annb1997
  • ngpage
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Many thanks Ann, will check this out

• annb1997
    6 years ago

This one seems better than first one I posted.

http://www.shieldcasework.com/what-is-acrylic-resin/

• davincicalbourne
    2 years ago

Hi Caitlin, I can only speak to the Franke sink. We have had one installed for a little over a year. No scratches or chips despite pots, pans and cutlery being washed in it. Hope this helps.

• ngpage
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hi Caitlin, we went with the Schock sink and havent regretted it. It still looks as good as when it was installed and we have enjoyed using it. The corners are easy to clean it has stood up well to daily use. I am careful (but not afraid) of pouring boiling water into it based on some comments found online and generally try and aim for the drain hole but absolutely no issues so far. Hope you enjoy your new kitchen!

• Caitlin Aspden
    2 years ago

Thank you both for your feedback! @ngpage do you have the Christalite or Christadur? there is a ery big difference in price of my preferred sink in these materials (almost doiuble!), I'm also concerned abut some of the reviews i've read about cracking.

• ngpage
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi Caitlin, i bought the black Cristadur double bowl. I have the drainer in the second one most of the time so I don’t have to look at it sitting on the bench surface. No cracks so far here, and I note it has a 25 year guarantee.

• Kaa79
    6 months ago

GReat discussion as we are choosing a sink now. We love the Franke 1.5 but cannot find in aust so looking at the Schock christadur one. Some sites I have read say granite stains easily. Not sure how the Christadur product is vs standard granite. Does your stain ngpage?

• ngpage
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Definitely no stains (ours is black) but very happy with our choice after all this time. I don’t think you will be disappointed!

• Caitlin Aspden
    6 months ago

We are very happy with our choice. Abey D200B i think . the 1 3/4 with drainage biard is a good size (even for my very large frypans) and it has held up well in the almost 2 months we’ve lived here

• Kate
    6 months ago

Hi Caitlin. Would love to see a picture of your bench and sink.

• Kaa79
    6 months ago

Thanks. We are looking for 1 and 1/3 or 1/2 type sink. The other one is Oliveri Santorini. Do you happen to know about this?