Houzz Logo Print
murali922

TV Room with Baywindow

murali922
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi all

This is my first post here and I really look forward to getting ideas and sharing my experience as I go through my house extension project in North West London.

Our house is a 3 bed semi detached house. In the ground floor, we currently have a living room and dining room separated by a wall. Both the rooms have a chimney. The living room is where we have the tv in the centre of the bay window with sofas on the side & straight ahead near the wall which separates the living and dining room.

Our plans are to remove the wall and make it a through lounge. We really want to use the bay window as a sitting area as opposed to blocking it with a tv. We also don’t want to remove the chimney breasts as they are really the character of the house and we like it. But now we are struggling to decide where we keep our 65” tv.

If we block the chimney in the room and wall hang it, the tv will not be perfectly straight from the sofas and we also feel it might be a bit too close.

Hope I have tried to explain clearly - any alternate suggestions for deciding where to put the tv would be very well appreciated and welcomed. pls let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments (11)