Houzz Logo Print
marcpilot1

Hallway laminate flooring door jambs

marcpilot1
6 years ago

Any advice where to go from here?

I've got new laminate flooring in our hallway laid. But I haven't done any of the openings where the door jambs are at the 3 bedrooms(all 3 transition into carpet).

Havent done the bathroom door jamb(which steps up now since I pulled up the carpet) AND, there's a large opening in hallway for washer/dryer that transitions onto vinyl, under the washer/dryer.

I like the job done so far, like installing this new laminate type of flooring and I like the looks of it. Except for one thing. I'm worried about getting these hallway transitioned into the entrances to the 3 bedrooms, the bathroom and that large washer/dryer opening, where they sit on vinyl. That vinyl transition has the vinyl lower than the carpet.

I tried to put pics of the front door and I have more pics of the rest of the hall, at bedrooms, washer/dryer and the bathroom if you want those.

The bathroom actually goes up, like onto tile, not down like onto the vinyl at washr/dryr.

If i need to post more pics I can. Have lots of pics of everything. Too many pics if anything! Thanks for any guidance!

Comments (6)