Houzz Logo Print
sarahandchris100

Position of skylights in open plan kitchen/living/dining

sarahandchris100
6 years ago

Hi,

We are commencing a renovation of our 1930's Californian bungalow by removing an 1970's extension and replacing it with a new open plan kitchen/living/dining space. The original part of the house has all bedrooms/bathrooms and a formal lounge, so the focus on the new space is really around the kitchen and alfresco.

Due to site slope and levels, we will have a raked ceiling (around 3.2m from the original ceiling height, down to approx 2.7m on the southern boundary of the building footprint (IYCWIM) and have opted to have two velux skylights (780 x 580 mm) in the main space (plus a smaller one in the laundry/scullery).

My question relates to where we should position them as (shown on the drawing below in yellow) they have be placed on the plan just as place holders, but they cant stay in these places as I want to have pendent lights over the island and I want to have a ceiling fan centrally positioned in the living area.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? or things to be mindful of when selecting the location?

Cheers

Comments (2)