shazlath

Colour stuck Help!

Sharyn
5 years ago
Hello Houzzers, we are renovating and have just finished our upper floor extension and front window replacements. The house is around 30 years old, double brick and resides by the beach not that there’s anything remotely beachy about it. Our roof and windows are Colorbond night sky. It’s nearly time to paint once this Victorian winter ends. We have almost decided to paint the easy lap parquet night sky/Black the same as the roof. This isn’t set in stone as of yet. Our biggest dilemma and point of contention is what color to paint the shadow board surrounding the upper room (it is currently in its yellow primed state). We need to work with the brick as I am not open to painting or rendering - even though the bricks are dated, they have worked hard over the years and have earned their place, and shall remain as is. I am not adverse to color which sends my husband into a shiver, I was contemplating a green on the shadow board wall panels, but wonder if it will compete too much with the brick. I would like to move away from Greige and also avoid a divorce. Thoughts ideas most welcome!

Comments (12)