Houzz Logo Print
webuser_821923662

Renovation Dilema

Kira Simehty
4 years ago

Hi guys

We are looking at buying this house as it ticks a lot of the boxes for us however my main concern is the fact that the bedrooms are tiny and there is no second bathroom.

We need to fit a king bed in the master bedroom, 2 kids beds in the second and at least a double bed in the third...plus some extra office space.

The home is in its original condition so it will also need a full kitchen reno (might be able to use most of the existing cupboards as the are great inside), existing bathroom reno, change the floor in the whole house (happy with floating floorboards) and add a ensuite(small) on top of any bedroom reconfiguration.

Can I pick the brains of all of you creative people to help us in deciding what is the best way increase bedrooms size plus all the above changes in a 100K budget? Am I dreaming? House is in Sydney.

From my not so creative mind, I was thinking to knock down the wall between the two bedrooms on the right and create a master bedroom with ensuite and walk-in wardrobe, use the front bedroom on the left for guests and office (we have family from overseas visiting all the time so its essential), renovate the bathroom without moving things around and add another bedroom where the dining room is and perhaps move the laundry either next to existing bathroom or kitchen.

Then knock down the wall between living area/kitchen/Laundry to make open plan - if the budget allows then extend out by a little bit to regain space lost in the dining room.

Very important to note that the back of the house is north facing and I want to maximise sunlight as much as possible.

Ideas please.... :)

Comments (5)