Houzz Logo Print
bekkyboo7

Design feedback and help with wall dimensions pretty please

bekkyboo7
4 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am after some feedback on my initial design.

Our family live in the Illawarra area in NSW and want a home that brings the indoors out. We currently live with our living area doors open to the yard from the moment we wake up until we go to bed and our two young boys spend all day going in and out. The block we have chosen is nearly flat with a green leafy aspect to the front. It also has a second storey view of the ocean to the east which we would like to take advantage of by the addition of a master suite and study on the second level (I have added stairs to my plan which would continue above the mud/laundry and pantry to meet the second storey but I have not thought about this level yet)

The block is 15.29m at the front, 15.8m at the rear and 46m long with the north aspect to the front. This house is designed to sit at the rear of the block and face to the north. The block is raised approx 1m from street level at the front so we are using that to help add privacy as well as a seperate garage dug in at street front and hedging. I have not added windows to my plan as yet as these will be dependant on $$ as we have a BAL 40 restriction on our East and South facing walls and a BAL 29 rating to the North and West.

I would love some feedback on my plan and was also hoping someone may be willing to help me add wall dimensions to my current plan. I am not sure what walls would add internally and externally which makes it hard to get an overall square metre measurement.

*Just to clarify, the door to the pantry is designed to look like a standard kitchen cabinet so will probably not work like a standard door as I have drawn it. Also, there will be a porch the full length of the house to the front entry and a larger porch to the north of the lounge area I have just not included those.

Thankyou!

Comments (33)