Houzz Logo Print
cecblake

Front porch ideas

cecblake
3 years ago

Hello. We have a blah early 90s home. I want to modernise it but I'm finding it very difficult to achieve. After 10 years living here I couldn't handle the cream coloured window frames, eaves, garage doors and THOSE Roman columns! So I've decided to paint all the cream bits white. Work is still in progress as I'm DYI-ing (pun intended).

Tight budget so can't go all out and remove those horrid columns (they are load bearing), render the bricks or paint the roof.

I do want to change the entrance tiles as current ones are cracked and are dangerously slippery. Will probably lay new tiles over the old ones if possible. What tile will suit? I like the look of timber, but don't want to maintain real timber. Would timber-look laminate tiles work here? What colour? Other ideas I was thinking of was stone-look like slate, marble or sandstone? I need help with this to compliment what I have as I have no idea what style my house is in its current state.

We are also getting a new modern wide front door, wooden stain, no side panel. The concrete driveway will eventually be painted a dark grey colour I think.

Lastly, should I paint the bricks?

Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated!

Comments (10)