Houzz Logo Print
anavrinny

Kitchen layout help

anavrinny
2 years ago

Hi,

We are looking at doing a knock-down rebuild with a volume builder, but I want to change the kitchen around. I have asked for a better resolution floorplan, but this is all I have right now.

Here is the current floorplan:

The kitchen dimensions show 2700x4900, but I believe it's closer to 4300x4900 if you count the kitchen as filling the whole space to the where the wall between the rumpus and outside is.

I don't like kitchens with sinks in the island at all, so I want to move it around, was thinking of flipping it to be an L-shaped kitchen, with the fridge, stovetop (and wall oven???) against the wall that leads to the pantry now, and then having the sink where the stove top is now and rotating the island to have the long part against where the stove top is? It feels like there may be some wasted space between the edge of the island (with seating) and the doors to the alfresco, but since that will be the primary method to get to the backyard, maybe it's not too bad?

What other options are there? I definitely want a wall oven with separate stove and no sink in the island. Microwave was going to go in the pantry, but open to other options!

Thanks!

Comments (13)