Houzz Logo Print
downiethomson

Luxury Teenage Bathroom - Before & After

Our dear clients came to us wanting to create a fun and funky new bathroom space for their teenage kids. They wanted to create better drainage and stop mould growing from around the freestanding bath area.

The biggest goal was to make the bathroom feel larger. The space was great but just a bad design via the original architect that designed the home 8 years ago. We wanted to create a fun & functional bathroom for the growing teenagers!

Our first priority was to provide a drop in the bath. Rightly so, my clients were concerned about another free-standing bath and water accumulating, so we opted for a drop in the bath with a hob. This meant we had to install a shower/Bath set up.

The original bathroom sported a separate shower cubicle and it just ate up the space, by fixing this issue it gave us alot more usable space for storage in the custom vanity.

Before:

After:

CURL CURL · More Info

As the property was so close to the beach I thought it would be fitting to create a ‘beachy” feel. This was a big driver for our selections such as the Terrazzo slab by Vulcano Tiles and added custard coloured basins from Nood , which resembled golden sand at the beach.

To maximise space I included a curve to the end of the vanity to create more space to get in and out of the bath space. Also curves are super on trend so this theme worked out perfectly.

Before:

After:

CURL CURL · More Info

We couldn’t delete the heavy black windows, so what most designers do is keep them and work with them! With the addition of black tap-ware, sparingly this carried through the black theme without overpowering the space. We just couldn’t ignore the black so we incorporated it.

Before:

After:

CURL CURL · More Info

Check out the entire project here!

Comments (10)