Houzz Logo Print
nathaliescipioniarchitects

Before & After: Lions Court, Erskineville

Nathalie Scipioni Architects
last year
last modified: last year

Nathalie Scipioni Architects turned this two-bedroom, one-bathroom semi into a three-bedroom two bathroom two storey home in the heart of Erskineville adding value to our client's investment rental property.

Before:

After:

The property has an immense amount of natural light with streamlined unique interiors with finishes of stone and timber creating a unified feel across the whole property. The home is fresh and bright and has an easy flow between both levels.

Before:

After:

The master bedroom has built-ins and a Juliette Balcony and a modern bathroom with luxury finishes. The property has a separate internal laundry and a beautiful courtyard for entertaining.

Check out the entire project here!

Photography: Lisa Loi

Comments (11)

• PRO
    Leah
    last year

Absolutely stunning transformation!

• PRO
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you Leah !

• Vanessa Walker
    last year

An incredibly smart redesign of a narrow space. Well done!

• User
    last year

It seems cramped and almost no character to me -- nothing too much wrong with the idea or workmanship , but essentially I'd ask why ?

I'd like to see the figures too -- it looks like at least as much for the modifications as the place would have been worth , so will it get twice the rental ( or more ) ?

My gut feeling is that , as an investment , it would have been better to sell as it was , and buy something , rather than all this work ( and 3 months or whatever of no income ) to end up with something pretty pokey -- but you imply the client is an experienced property investor , so obviously I may be wrong .

• Kate
    last year

Lovely, but from the pics the mirror shaving cabinet looks really high

• macyjean
    last year

Freestanding baths don't belong in small spaces. Even more so in investment properties I would have thought, where attention to cleaning and maintenance might not be as reliable as in an owner occupied property. Hooray for back-to-wall baths, they are modern but far more appropriate for so many renos I see.

Looks like the toilet seat when raised would touch the hand towel if not careful. Why are so many bathrooms built like plumbing showrooms, not like places where people use the plumbing.

The kitchen colour reminds me of the school I went to. Even if my personal reaction isn't typical, for a rental why introduce colours that might clash with tenants preferances. This morning I watched House Hunters International and the young couple balked at the colourful patterned curtains which took me back to when I rented a place with busy patterned curtains. Are these new 'neutrals' going to be the chintzy curtains of the future.
    Was that the only location for the airconditioner? It seems like it could be annoyingly close to the workspace, and prone to dirt buildup? Gas cooking, that's disappointing.

• gabrieleclark
    last year

A beautiful transformation! Very serene feeling…

• Michelle Forest
    10 months ago

I'm just here for the pics. - What a stunner!

• PRO
    ArvCorp Construction Pty Ltd
    10 months ago

What a transformation, love the utilisation of space and colours used within the kitchen. Can be tricky designing for such a compact space but looks like your team did a great job in utilising the area and creating a statement kitchen for the home.

• PRO
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Thank you!